Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

kenmore 110.26002010 removing spin basket

malfunction

malfunction

Hey

I am trying to remove the spin basket from my kenmore 110.26002010. So far i have gotten as far as removing the spanner nut. All the videos i have seen (on diferent kenmore modles) say i should be able to pull the basket out at this point, however, i am unable to do so.  Is there additional hardware i need to remove on this particular model, or do i just need to pull harder?K1008082-00003.png

Thanks!

richseattle56

This model is a VMW. Look for L-84 service manual. You may have to upgrage your subsciption on Appliantology.org. The SM will give you all the info you need.

malfunction

I have the service manual. It only goes in to the electronics and eror codes. The picture i posted showes the most info out of everything i have found. I just need to know if the spanner nut is the only thing i need to remove

You will need to remove the wash plate part # 6, the tub cover part # 4, the spanner nut and I normally remove part # 8. The tubs normally don't just fall out into your hand. They can be difficult to get leverag with only 2 hands. You need to hold the outer tub down and lift up on the inner basket and shake it till it comes out. If you have a helper it should come out a lot easier. 

• Like 2

While pulling up on the basket, strike the center shaft with a heavy hammer to jar it loose, not a brutal blow, just jar it with something heavy and hard. Protect the end of the shaft by screwing in the wash plate bolt.

malfunction

Johntech i have removed the screws on #8, but it dosent want to come up. do i need to remove #9 as well? And if so how?

Yes try and remove 8 and 9, they are soft metal so it may just break off, try and pry 8 up first

• Like 1

richseattle56

The service manual has instructions on how to remove tub. You must have the Tech Sheet, different. Here is the service manual link on this site: There is alot of info you need to know to remove and reinstal the basket. Get the Service Manual, go to page #53 and follow the instructions on the following pages. 

Edited by richseattle56

malfunction

All the hardware is now off. However the basket will still not move, even with considerable force to pull it out. The service manual only goes as far as everyone has said (removing hardware). Am i missing something?

malfunction

Finaly got it! I used a rubber mallot to beat the basket down. The drive shaft had a ton of corrosion and junk on it. I cleaned it out as best i could, then put a ton of wd-40 on it. I still couldent budge it by hand so i grabed my car jack and used that to pull the basket out. Thanks for all your help and advice!

your machine will need the shaft and bearing kit if it has the 'outrunner' motor