Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Whirlpool electric dryer (WED9050XW0)— lots of light, not a lot of power

flossisboss

flossisboss

Hey, guys —

I've run into a weird problem with a Whirlpool electric dryer (model no. WED9050XW0). I took the machine apart yesterday to throw in some new rollers and an idler pulley, but after reassembly it behaves like the door's open no matter what I do. It won't power up — it just gives me a triple beep and does nothing if I try to start a cycle. The drum lamp stays on at all times, regardless of whether the door is actually open or closed. The biggest head-scratcher for me is the fact that the drum lamp will stay on even if I completely remove the wire harness from the door switch. And on that note, I've also read out the door switch with a meter, and it's opening and closing correctly.

Before I disassembled the machine, it was running fine (other than a nasty squeak). I've double-checked all my connections on the board and elsewhere, and have spotted no misplaced wires or burnt contacts or anything of the sort.

Any advice/miracle solutions you could offer would be a big help.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flossisboss

• micabay

Popular Days