Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Haier Portable Washer Woes HLP21N

linder

Hello! I am sad to say that my Haier portable washer has stopped working out of the blue. HLP21N is the model. I've had it a few years so not under warranty. The user manual is useless; the Haier support line is useless. I found a repair manual online and it might help someone who knows what they're doing but not me.

What happens: The basket fills with water as usual. As soon as it stops, the machine beeps 10 times and does nothing more. 

10 beeps means unbalanced load, and in the past it only happened in the spin cycles. I rebalanced the clothes, and even took them out, and yet I still get 10 beeps.

I was able to drain the water by turning the power off then back on, and selecting the rinse cycle. But once it drains, it does not complete the cycle. 

Bottom line: The washer fills and drains okay, but won't wash or spin. 

Reading some other forums, I was advised to change the "v-belt." I bought one but when I went to replace it, the old one looked fine to me, just the same as the new one to my eyes, and I was able to move it. I wasn't sure I would be able to get it on anyway. 

Other advice was about replacing the motor. 

I have called a few repair guys, including one who said he fixes any brand, but they refuse to look at a Haier, even if I offer to bring it in. I've left a message for the repair co that is authorized by Haier but they never called back (Yelp reviews are very negative). 

I'm in San Diego. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Lastly, please don't disparage my washer. Seems people like to ridicule it but it was perfect for me, a senior living alone in a small space, and it cleaned GREAT.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• linder

• J5*

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to add that one repair guy suggested I re-level the washer, because the basket was off center when viewed from above. I leveled it pretty well but nothing changed. The washer is on casters.

Im not familiar with your particular model but i would suggest its very similar to the haier ones i see down here

If you are getting an Out Of Balance warning the  thats what i would be looking at first

when you opn the lid in the back left hand corner of the cabinet there is a lever which when the drum goes oob The drum hits the lever and the machine stops 

The lever is spring loaded and i have seen quite a few get hit too hard and it pops out of position and the machine thinks it is oob all the time

in older units i have also seen broken wiring 

lets face it , it was cheap and the quality is pretty average at best , if it needs much more help then i would be replacing it 

Thanks for the info! If the lever is the problem, is it fixable? I know these are cheap, can replace for $200, but if I can fix it for less, why not.