Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Ghashaan

Hitachi NW-75WYS Top Load Washer Slow Spinning

Ghashaan

Hitachi NW-75WYS

I went on a service call for this washer but I couldn’t do a test run because the water hose was disconnected and the customer couldn’t set up the connection. I agreed to come back another time on condition that the inlet hose would be connected.

According to the customer, the washer performs all programs and functions as expected except that it spins extremely slow on all modes and problems. 

They contacted the seller and the advice of the seller was that this has something to do with the settings. But I’m quite baffled. Are there such things as settings in these washers? Maybe there are and I happened to be unaware of that. 

It seems not to show any error codes either. It just goes through the programs as expected but spins so slow that the clothes remain unwashed. 

Do you have any idea about this problem? Is it related to the motor? Or could it be a problem with the inverter (I’m not sure if it comes with an inverter) ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

A link to the user manual: https://www.hitachi-hk.com.hk/filemanager/common/Single_Type_Washer_2016/UM_WM_7075WYS_P.pdf

Thank you!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Brian B

Maybe a bad clutch or brake cam on shoe?

Ghashaan

@Brian B It’s slow on agitating also. Not only on spinning.