Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Shaking Washer Kicking my Butt.

blockychief89

blockychief89

I have an Admiral ATW4475VQ1 top loading washing machine that tries to shake itself apart every time it's in the spin cycle.

I've already done a few things to find/fix the issue, but it's still not much better.

The things I've tried:

1)making sure the washer is level

2) making sure  the laundry  load is balanced

3) replacing the 3 suspension springs

4)checking the pads under the drum

The machine is level, loads are balanced, and the pads look fine.

Replacing the springs helped a little, in that the drum doesn't bang against the sides much anymore, but the whole machine shakes worse than it did. It'll try and walk itself out of its closet if I don't sit on it.

I'm not a professional, so I'm not sure what to look for next. Any insight, tutorial links, etc. would be greatly appreciated by me and probably my downstairs neighbors.

Cheers!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blockychief89

• Budget Appliance Repair

• Blaiser

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the rear motor counterbalance spring still attached and not rusted off at bottom frame mounting hole or mounting hole in frame rusted and a slot worn up to top edge of hole.

How did you check the three skate plate pads - if they are worn off to a flat thin state they need to be replaced

blockychief89
13 hours ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

Is the rear motor counterbalance spring still attached and not rusted off at bottom frame mounting hole or mounting hole in frame rusted and a slot worn up to top edge of hole.

How did you check the three skate plate pads - if they are worn off to a flat thin state they need to be replaced

No exactly sure what spring that would be, but every spring and mount/bracket look to be in great shape.

To check the pads I opened up the machine and tilted the drum while I stuck my phone camera underneath to check it out. They all look healthy with a long ways to go before replacing.

I have also since checked the balance ring on top of the drum and it seems just fine

I can also provide pictures and videos of just about anything if needed.

1st Question:

Did you take tub off the base?  Skid Plate might have been installed upside down?

Check all (4) Springs - Three Springs around the tub and 1 Spring attached to back of machine to the base frame (LONG SPRING).

Is the Balance Ring in tact (present) under the top Ring Assembly?

Is the Agitator Block with Nut Tight (under the agitator)? 

Did you replace the 3 Skid pads mounting on the frame and between the Skid Plate

You should be able to take the front cabinet off and bypass the lid switch to run the machine and take a video while it's shaking and possible show up all (4) Springs attached correctly!