Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 12 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 12 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore to Manufacturer Cross Reference Matrix?

Hi all,

I apologize that I was unable to find the perfect forum for this question, please move it if it makes sense.  

So about every 3 days I say to myself, "man I wish I knew how to cross reference Kenmore models to the mfg model numbers",  Currently, I use a sort of fuzzy logic by looking at the parts breakdown, grabbing a part number that appears to be unique, search by that part number and see what other models use that part.  For example yesterday had a Kenmore dryer that from the first three characters, I knew (other than just knowing) that it was an LG.  I then looked up the water tank mounted to the top of the unit (a unique feature) and was able to convert it to very close (but not exact) LG model and thus the service manual.

Sometimes this works, but often takes too long to do.  Somewhere there MUST be a spreadsheet that has two columns something like this:

110.54323XXX = Whirlpool   MDQP1234XXX

I'm guessing this is some protected internal Sears document, but hey I DO contract for them, you would think they would hook a tech up, no?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• mehoss

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Samurai

See Brother Durham's tutorial on this: