All appliance repair techs should understand the AC split-phase household electrical power supply that they deal with on a daily basis. But the fact is that most do not, and there's a lot of disinformation and "tech myths" out there about these power supplies. But they re easy to understand once you grasp a few fundamental concepts about electricity and split-phase voltage.
And that's exactly what we cover in this webinar recording!
Topics covered include:
- How sine waves are used to model things in the real world, including AC voltages
- Properties of sine waves such as amplitude and frequency
- Center-tapped transformers used to supply power to homes
- How that transformer takes a single phase of AC voltage and splits it into two phases: L1 and L2
- How L1 and L2 are each 120 VAC, but 180 degrees out of phase with each other
- How this is antiphase relationship is what creates the voltage difference between L1 and L2 to provide the 240 VAC
- ...and more!
This and our dozens of other technical training webinar recordings which are normally only available to premium tech members, but this one is available for free for a limited time only! Click below to watch it.