How to fix a GE front-loading washer that over fills to half, then drains and will not do anything more
Check the integrity of the black hose leading to the pressure switch off the bottom of the tub...should be air-tight, no holes or perforations.
also, blow from the switch back down to the point where it connects to the tub to clear any possible clogs or other obstructions...
Source: GE WCVH6800JWW washer
In the manual it says to press and hold the temperature and dryness buttons for 5 seconds.
This did not work.
To deactivate the demo mode:
Turn cycle knob to last cycle on right.
Press start to save cycle position.
Press cancel to turn machine off.
Within 10 seconds, wake unit by pressing start once,
immediately press and hold cancel and the right-most button NOT INCLUDING the up-down menu button,
together for a minimum 6 seconds.
Turn the selector knob to TIME DRY, press START then CANCEL.
Wake the dryer up by pressing any button then IMMEDIATELY AND SIMULTANEOUSLY,
press and hold the CANCEL and CTRL LOCK buttons for five seconds
You need to go to the "set prefs" on the control then go to the "RESET" option.
press select for reset and the machine will reset.
The "install cycle" will be displayed, just push cancel and our washer should operate properly.
To return to the factory default settings, select RESET
in set preis under the options scroll butlons.
1. Turn cycle selector knob to any position other than "my favorites".
2. Press the "up arrow" button until set prefs" appears.
3. Press the "select" button.
4. Press the "up arrow" button until reset appears.
5. Press the "select" button.
6. Press the menu button under "all settings"
Source: ElectroSUX Dryer in Demo Mode
Directions for reversing the washer door:
1. Swing door fully open and support it while removing four hinge screws (which hold hinges to door assembly).
2. Set door aside and transfer four color matched door screws to the opposite side of the door assembly.
3. Remove one screw holding top hinge to cabinet and one screw holding top hinge cover to cabinet (opposite side).
4. Remove hinge and bracket from cabinet by moving them up and down to a position where they are released.
5. Install hinge and bracket in swapped locations and drive screws to attach them securely to the cabinet.
6. Compare top hinge and top bracket to bottom hinge and bottom bracket for correct assembly position.
7. Repeat procedures 4 through 6 for bottom hinge to cabinet and bottom bracket to cabinet.
8. Support door in fully open position on hinge side and drive four screws to secure attach hinges to door assembly.
9. Close door and check to see that clothes washer operates properly.
Source: Maytag SuperStack stacked washer/dryer (MLG2000AWW)
Find Parts & Diagrams Here
Looking for Appliance Parts? Enter your model number, part number, or even a part description and find it here. 365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!
Soot: A Clear and Present Danger in your Gas Oven06 December 2013
The Silver Bullet Fix for LE Error Codes in LG Dishwashers06 December 2013
- Uncategorized (0)
- Appliance Parts Smarts (12)
- Appliance Poetry (3)
- Appliance Repair Service (20)
- Appliantology Academy (4)
- Appliantology Newsletter (22)
- ASTI 2013 (2)
- Cool Stuff (9)
- Dishwasher Repair (59)
- Dispenser Repair (7)
- Dryer Repair (70)
- Forum Tips (3)
- Forum Updates (10)
- Freezer Repair (2)
- General Appliance Repair Wisdom (46)
- Goofs (12)
- Hillstomping Update (18)
- Humor (18)
- HVAC (4)
- Icemaker Repair (18)
- Microwave Oven (18)
- Oven-Range-Stove Repair (36)
- Podcast (8)
- Refrigerator Repair (99)
- Repair Videos (45)
- Samurai Incarnate (37)
- Samurai Wisdom (3)
- Screencasts (22)
- Snowblower Repair (1)
- Surfing the Apocalypse (10)
- Washing Machine Repair (222)
- Water Heater (1)
Adirondack BobYesterday, 10:32 PM
jbeckman713Yesterday, 09:49 PM
wondererYesterday, 09:31 PM
dmanleysrYesterday, 08:53 PM
MAPS Appliance RepairYesterday, 06:04 PM
desgnconcptsYesterday, 04:13 PM
torbanacYesterday, 09:57 AM
Chris Shearer CooperYesterday, 09:04 AM
NashvilleAudioGuyYesterday, 02:50 AM
teamsterYesterday, 12:02 AM
My Gallery Albums
Search My Blog