Many techs have trouble interpreting a schematic diagram and understanding how to use it for troubleshooting. In this webinar, held on March 29, 2019, we used a Samsung electric dryer and a GE double oven as case studies to review electric circuit principles and troubleshooting. Some of the topics we talked about:
- Neutral sensing in Samsung dryers: what that means, what it does, and how it affects troubleshooting
- Series and parallel circuits and how to identify them on a real-world schematic
- Voltage in a circuit as a DIFFERENCE in voltage between two points
- How it can be useful to use a reference other than Neutral for your voltage measurements when troubleshooting; Line can be a reference, too!
- Properly interpreting your meter reading based on your reference
- Using the Ten Step Tango to troubleshoot
- Developing troubleshooting strategies to do all your troubleshooting from the main control board
- Unique features in Samsung dryers to be aware of when troubleshooting a no-heat complaint.
Not an Appliantology tech member? Click here
Not a Master Samurai Tech Academy student? Click here